Just finished this book. I absolutely loved it.


I was initially attracted to this book by the title, sinister and mysterious. For those of you that don't know the book is about a woman named Eva, who gives birth to a child she never once wanted or asked for. From before the time he is even born it is a constant unflinching battle between her and her increasingly frightening child. She writes letters to her ex-husband explaining everything that went through her mind as Kevin grew older, and more devious.

Pros
  • Amazing writing.
  • A new approach to telling a story, writing letters to her ex-husband.
  • Unique Story and Ending. Definitely not Cliche.
  • Believable Characters
Cons 
  • A little wordy at times. 
  • Had a slow start


In a nutshell?


I loved the book. I would recommend it to anyone who appreciates good literature. Not for the faint of heart or people who want a very happy ending. Nor would I give this book to my friend who just gave birth. It's not a happy story about children that is for sure. It took me a while to really get into this book, but I'm glad I did because after that I couldn't put it down! Let me know what you thought if you read it?

0 comments: